Effective as at: January 3rd, 2019
This website, https://www.hummingbirdwellness.com.au is owned and operated by Hummingbird Naturopath (ABN: 96767478048). If you have any questions or need further information, please contact me at: email@example.com
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. If you have any further questions or concerns about how your personal information is being handled, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you engage with me via this website, or choose to become my client, I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your name
- contact details – including your email address, address and telephone number
- Any other information you disclose via email or contact forms
- your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
COLLECTIONS AND USE
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
Direct emails from you;
- Contact form;
- An opt-in form for my mailing lists;
- My website automatically collecting information about you and your activities on the site;
- Directly when you become a client
I use this information to:
- To contact and communicate with you;
- Provide you with relevant news, articles and updates about my services;
- Improve this website and the services I provide;
- Internal book keeping;
- Market research and business development including website development;
- Marketing, including direct marketing;
- from time to time we will use your email address to send out newsletters to you containing useful information to help you get the most out of our services, however, if you do not wish to receive such emails, you are able to unsubscribe at any time;
- Offer you the best service I can.
I will only collect your personal information:
- With your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me with information
- If I need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- If I am legally required to collect it
- For necessary administrative processes if you become my client
All of your personal information, including name, addresses and contact details, stored by us are kept separate from the cookies referred to above.
I understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
I will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- When you send me information via an email
- In a consultation
The reason why I collect this information is:
- So that I can provide the services you have contracted for
- To ensure that I am providing you with the best and most appropriate care possible.
The sensitive information I ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
- A thorough overview of your current health and medical history
- Your date of birth
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
Sensitive information is stored on a password protected computer and a locked filing cabinet. Only I may access sensitive material. Some sensitive information may be stored securely online.
As a health professional, I have a number of regulations I choose to abide by, including:
- Maintaining confidentiality except with explicit consent, when required by law or there is serious risk to the client or another person
- Provision of records to the client and their practitioners if requested You may choose not to provide me with your personal information.
However, if you choose not to provide us with accurate personal information, I may not be able to provide you with the best service possible.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally speaking, we will disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it. Typically, it is only for the purpose of providing you with our services. In addition, we may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing information, products, services or marketing to customers;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail topay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, inconnection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exerciseor defend our legal rights;
- to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information,products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLLING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances as set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely upon you to inform us when your personal information changes. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us by email to
- By email:firstname.lastname@example.org